Tuesday, December 28, 2010

lost.

(...and found).

found things are one of my favorite obsessions. there is even a book or two (or maybe three now!) that support my obsession. the ex,ex and i found one of the books in portland, on a trip. i had to have it right then, and couldn't put it down. i remember reading all the found things to him in the car. i'm sure he was ready to kill me (they are just not as awesome when read outloud) but he put up with me reading that whole book that trip.  it's been an obsession ever since.

thank goodness davy (the editor of all said books) is familiar with the obsession, and has made an obsession-friendly website. every day he posts a 'find of the day'. i can (and sometimes do) waste hours of time, clicking through each of them. some are hilarious, some are sad, even tragic, some are just baffling. i love knowing this little piece of someone else's (albeit a stranger's) life.* i also really love the little explanations from the person that found each thing.

below are a few of my favorite finds from the last few months**. i hope you enjoy, and start looking for your own finds! and, if you get midly obsessed, check out the website. or let me know, i'll let you borrow my books....

*(yes, i'm nosy. i think that's what makes me a good therapist).
** (all pics are from the website, http://foundmagazine.com/)









No comments:

Post a Comment